IT Systems Engineer
24th May 2023
Since 2005, Healthcare Logistics Ltd. has been involved in projects that bring together various international IT players, for the implementation and integration of systems. Healthcare Logistics Ltd. is one of the leading local IT organisations offering project management, implementation and support services. Whilst Healthcare Logistics Ltd. originally offered its services within the healthcare sector, and still is a leading provider in this sphere, it has today evolved to offer its services to other business sectors.
Healthcare Logistics Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We make employment decisions based on qualifications and merit. We prohibit discrimination based on any unlawful consideration such as age, race, national origin, gender or other protected status.
Duties and Responsibilities
The selected candidate/s will be primarily responsible to:
- Install, configure and maintain on-premise and cloud based environments.
- Perform preventive system monitoring and tuning to ascertain optimal operation.
- Provide support as necessary to diagnose and resolve incidents.
- Troubleshoot and assess the impact of issues, document cause analysis and recovery solutions.
- Plan and implement system upgrades.
- Undertake system resource and storage planning to meet system usage demands.
- Create, maintain, validate and restore automated/manual backup operations and implement appropriate processes for the safeguarding of business operations, data protection, disaster recovery and failover procedures.
- Maintain system security and functionality through the application of approved software patches.
The selected candidate must meet the following requirements :
- Be In possession of a recognised qualification in ICT (Minimum: MQF Level 5);
- Have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience working in a similar role;
- Have a sound administration knowledge of Server Operating Systems including but not limited to the Windows Server Family, and Relational Database Management System including but not limited to Microsoft SQL, MySQL and PostgreSQL;
- Able to develop and maintain backup automation scripts;
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols;
- Possess strong problem-solving skills and is a team player;
- Good time management and communication skills;
- Be resident in Malta.
In addition to the above one or more of the following skills/certifications will give you a better chance of landing the job:
- Linux based environment;
- Virtualisation platforms;
- Active Network Equipment Management;
- Development and implementation of Replication & Disaster recovery plans.
Interested candidates may apply for this position by sending their CV along with a covering letter and a scanned copy of the qualification certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org, by not later than the indicated application closing date. Candidates should indicate the call reference ISE-23-001 within the email Subject.
Kindly note that applicants should be already residing in Malta with a valid residence permit.